Tuesday, February 26, 2008

We be 'Badu-in' it like a 'Maverick!'

Even a young, single Pastor has to have fun every now and then!

I have been asked the question so many times, 'Pastor P, what do you do for fun?' Well, my answer varies because I have many interests and an extreme personality. I love to travel and experience other cultures. I love art galleries and symphony concerts. I love action, drama and documentary movies and there is nothing like curling up with a good book. But I also love the exhiliration of living life full tilt! I love roller coasters and jet skis! I love speed and free falls! I plan on going sky diving sometime next month!

However, tonight was more conventional fun. I wanted to see the return of Jason Kidd to the Dallas Mavericks lineup and he did not disappoint. The Mavs silenced the Chicago Bulls with a 102 to 94 win at the American Airlines Center. 'Kidd's Last Stand' in Dallas was in December 1996, when they still played at Reunion Arena, but he played tonight like it was his rookie season. He has not lost a step nor a drip of excitement. I needed a Red Bull (to go along with my loaded hot dog! lol!) in the stands just to keep up with him on the floor. Dirk, that would be Nowitzki, was the high scorer of the night, but Kidd was the 'show' of the night! With Jason Kidd in the lineup, not only will Dallas be a title contender, but it will also be 'showtime' everytime they take the floor. I WANT SEASON TICKETS!!

Not only did I get a chance to let my hair down at the Mavs game, but I also got the opportunity to check out and meet one of my favorite artists, Erykah Badu, again. I first met her when she dropped her cd 'Mommas Gun.' That was back when Tower Records was still in business on Lemmon Avenue. I met her again, along with Prince and Chaka Khan, when she threw an impromptu late night jam session at her Black Forest Theatre a couple of years back. Well, a few years later and another new cd 'New Amerykah,' I got another chance to be up close and personal again. I plan on going to get my groove on as well tomorrow night at the House Of Blues. Very few 'stars' are as hands on in the community and available to their fans as is Badu. She's genuine, open and real. Kudos to Badu, for being 'real with the people!'

Oh yeah, and IHOP was off the chain too! LOL! There is nothing like late night pancakes and hot syrup at the International House Of Pancakes! It's just one of those good nights, no stress, no drama, just lots of smiles and some fun. Life's simple pleasures...who ever said Monday's had to be blue?!

AGAPE,
Pastor P
Making It Great In '08!
Loving Life And Living To Love

No comments: